As Bhutan celebrates the 100 years of Monarchy and the enthronement of a dynamic Young King His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel there is much to rejoice. The reigns of the Kings of the Wangchuk Dynasty mark and era of peace and prosperity and for the past four decades are known for dramatic improvement in the quality of the people.
Statistics tell us that the Kingdom Journey to development has been phenomenal.
- Happiest Nation in Asia
- 8th Happiest Nation in the World
- Gross Domestic Product growth rate : 14.5%
- Number of Hospitals : 29
- Life Expectancy : 66
- Forest Cover : 72.5%
- Numbers of School : 507
- Villages Electrified : 1,210
- Kms of Roads : 4,544.7
- Number of Tourist, earning Bhutan US $ 23.9 Million : 17.342
- Number of TV Sets : 45,360
- Mobile Subscribers : 82,079
- Bhutan's Population : 634,982
Source : National Statistical Bureau of Bhutan